Jhpiego is looking for a Program Manager to be based in Mbabane, eSwatini. The Program Manager will provide overall managerial oversight for Project IQ in eSwatini, a PEPFAR/CDC-funded voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention project. This includes ensuring timely, efficient, and cost-effective implementation and reporting, and strategic, programmatic, technical, and financial integrity of the project. Program Manager will work closely with the Project Director and technical implementation team to meet expected results.
The Program Manager will be responsible for coordination of project activities and staff and ensuring that all CDC award requirements are met. S/he will work with the M&E team for monitoring project deliverables and timely course corrections as appropriate.
Other responsibilities will include providing financial / procurement/contractual support for the project. S/he will be responsible for supervising operational staff, tracking project implementation progress and reporting of project activities. Together with the Project Director, the Program Manager will represent the project to CDC, government, and other relevant stakeholders. families - while building sustainable health systems for the future. This project is expected to last through September 2020.
• Develop and maintain routine communication with project counterparts to facilitate routine identification of program gaps and provide support to improve service delivery systems
• Ensure routine recording of VMMC quality data and facilitate VMMC service providers to utilize data to guide quality improvement interventions
• Participate in national VMMC TWG meetings in coordination with the Project Director; represent Jhpiego and the project’s progress, achievements and lessons learned to donors, other key stakeholders, through meetings, conferences, and presentations
• Maintain regular communication with Jhpiego HQ technical and program staff to drive efficient and compliant program operation
• Ensure that Jhpiego’s project management approaches and tools are utilized in management of projects
• Foster relationships with local implementing partners, NGOs, and CBOs, in coordination with the Project Director
• Write and present periodic Project progress, achievements, lessons learned and challenges encountered to the project director, responsible for development of accurate and timely project reports to CDC, in line with CDC’s reporting requirements
• Ensure that program is responsive to the needs of the donor
• Coordinates VMMC service delivery at all levels-Static, Outreach, Mobile and campaigns.
• Ensure availability and security of sufficient supplies and equipment during project implementation.
• Supervise stores and ensure they are of high standards.
• Represent the project in VMMC related meetings in coordination with Project Director
• Working closely with the Senior Program Officer to ensure Jhpiego and Donor policies and regulations are adhered in all the projects undertakings and specifically on finance, procurement and HR related matters.
• Assist with the recruitment of any additional staff and ensure qualified and experienced personnel are in place.
• Assist with the annual work planning process in close collaboration with the project director and the Ministry of Health.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Advanced Degree in public health, the social sciences, health administration, public administration, business administration; MD preferred
• 7+ years of experience in a senior management (project administrative and financial) position for medium/large (approximately $1M per year), complex, multi-year international health sector development projects that have implemented successful activities in areas such as HIV, VMMC, safe surgery, health systems strengthening, quality improvement, health personnel development and training
• Understand VMMC Training methodologies and service delivery in a variety of contexts
• In-depth knowledge of USG-funded projects, regulations, compliance and reporting
• Experience interacting and negotiating with government counterparts and other international and local organizations working in health/VMMC sector at the highest level
• Excellent understanding of Health systems in eSwatini; existing knowledge of national and regional VMMC and quality assurance mechanisms
• Experience with QA/QI systems and knowledge of quality gaps and challenges in country VMMC programs
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in financial planning and management, human resources, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions
• Previous program management experience
• Previous experience working on VMMC and understanding of health personnel development and training, care gaps and opportunities, and solid relationships with government agencies
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English, proficiency in at least one local language preferred
• Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, donors, universities and other partners
• Knowledge in software applications, databases and spreadsheets, including Microsoft Office packages
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally
Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply