Jhpiego seeks a Technical Director to provide technical leadership and project oversight to an upcoming USAID-funded maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) project in Mozambique. The project will operate over a five-year period.
Based in Nampula, this position will oversee and ensure the technical and methodological soundness of all project activities. In collaboration with project team and partners, the position will support the design and implementation of service delivery strategies based on scientific evidence.
This position is contingent upon award from USAID. Mozambican nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
City location to be finalized upon award.
• Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and definition of appropriate project activities
• Lead the formulation of innovative approaches for improving provision and increasing utilization of high-quality MNCH services
• Establish and implement a system to ensure technical quality of project activities
• Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify clinical, community, and health system issues that impede access to care and uptake of services
• Identify and implement appropriate facility- and community-based strategies to address MNCH service delivery gaps
• Identify training needs for clinical and community healthcare providers and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs
• Develop and/or update evidence-based training materials, standards, job aids, curricula, and supervisory and quality improvement systems needed for implementation of the Project to meet the needs of USAID and the Government of Mozambique
• Provide mentoring and capacity building at the individual and organizational level in MNCH
• Actively participate in relevant technical advisory/working groups and professional forums representing Jhpiego
• Work closely with the Chief of Party on setting project priorities and directions, and responding to requests for support from local counterparts
• Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to MNCH to inform adjustments in project implementation
• Collaborate with all local stakeholders and implementing partners, especially the Ministry of Health and other US and international implementing partners, to ensure that all activities conform to the requirements and regulations
• Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of project activities and results to the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested
• Author/co-author abstracts, presentations, and articles for journals and conferences
• Supervise technical staff
• Manage technical contributions of subgrantees, including defining scopes of work
• Maintain excellent relationships with USAID and in-country stakeholders and develop rapid responses
• Provide technical leadership to the development the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, in close collaboration with the MOH, USAID, and other stakeholders to ensure timely implementation and compliance to the requirements and regulations of the award